Electric nail file machines reduce the time and tedious effort that come along with using traditional nail files. Although electric nail files can be convenient in many different ways, you must know how to correctly operate the device in order to get high quality results. Electric nail files are used for a number of different fingernail procedures, from maintaining nail enhancements to grooming natural fingernails.
Learn how to use an electric nail file for completing different fingernail procedures.
1 Groom Natural Nails with an Electric File
(1) Attach an extra-fine diamond bit to the electric nail file. Gently push back cuticles and expose dead skin.
(2) Apply drill-safe oil to cuticles and use the electric file to smooth out any ridges on the fingernails. To remove dead excess skin, gently circle over the areas with the file bit, according to Nails Magazine.
(3) Keep the bit flat to the fingernail and use a speed ranging from 2500 to 6000 RPM while filing.
(4) Remove the extra-fine diamond bit and attach an extra-fine sanding band bit.
(5) Use the sanding band along with drill oil. Hold the bit horizontally to nail and file from one lateral fold to the other. Keep the bit flat and move towards the cuticle.
2. Remove Lifted Acrylic Nail with Electric Nail File
(1) Attach a tapered bit to the electric nail file.
(2) closest to the cuticle.
(3) Keep the tapered bit flat and use side-to-side, horizontal motions while filing. Once the acrylic is refined, use a one stroke method along the spot where the sealed and loose acrylic meet, says Nails Magazine. This will remove the remaining acrylic that is not intact.
3. Prep Nails for a Full Set with Electric Nail File
(1) Push back cuticles gently with the file.
(2) Attach a medium diamond bit and begin to file at a speed of 2000 RPM.
(3) Hold the bit flat against the nail and use minimal pressure. File the entire surface of the nail in a left-to-right motion.